Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dugong Pinoy

"Taste good?"
"Not too bitter?"
--The Lola behind me.:)

LET ME ELABORATE.

I had a funny experience just a few minutes ago.
While I was doing some..uh..last minute shopping.
I was wearing a blue jacket over a salmon-colored tank top.
I was wearing green pambahay shorts since whyever would you need to dress up for SM SAN LAZARO? Besides, I really just had to buy this something..

Anyway,when it was already my turn to pay and the cashier was already punching my items, (I bought eight Japanese-branded something-s..), this Lola behind me took one and asked me, "Taste good?", I was stunned because she was talking to me in English. I wondered maybe she did speak like that. But a second thought came to my mind. Maybe she thought I was Japanese?! And then she said, "Not too bitter?". I was just either shaking or nodding my head. Gusto ko sana sbhn, "Nagtatagalog po ako." But I thought it was her choice if she wanted to talk to strange people in English. Then she said, "Japanese?" I don't know if she was asking if I was Japanese, or if the merchandise was Japanese. I just nodded my head and then left with my plastic bag.HAHA!

This was the first time I was mistaken for a Japanese.HAHA!If my assumptions are correct.:)
Sbe ng tito ko..Bka kc sa dmet ko daw.
JUSKO NAKAPAMBAHAY NGA AKO EH.HAHA!
There was this time nman na Korean dw.
But most of the time, Chinese dw b ko?

I'm not.
Although I wish I could have had a little more of it than the mere 6.25% that runs through my veins. Hahaha! Or maybe just being fluent with the language would suffice.
There were actually two people who tried speaking to me in Chinese.
One was the bank manager of Banco de Oro - JAS Branch.
Another one, Dr. Ong, our dentist.HAHAHA!

Anyway. Just had to type that up because it really made me laugh.
ANd oh!

(Sets bitterness aside and wholeheartedly greets everyone a....)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! :)
(Goes to her room and locks herself up with pictures of JaeJoong)

HAHAHAHA!
KIdding!
TRULY!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No comments: