Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Square One

The number of my toes and fingers combined isn't enough to count the number of days since I have last updated in here. My last post was about something that I would remember forever but the physical souvenirs from that trip has already faded. Non-theatrically put, wala na kong sunburn. I was really busy this past month and I sometimes wish for that darker skin tone once again to convince myself that I have actually enjoyed the summer sun, sand and sea before I have confined myself into air-conditioned rooms wearing a laboratory gown.

If I closed my eyes a month ago, I would probably hear the waves crashing against the rocks and the shores. Right now, I close my eyes and hear an endless printing sound, the slight hum of a conveyor belt and let's not forget the not-so-distant&soft bang of a box against a stainless steel table. (This whole paragraph is actually a product of emotional instability right now, drama mode in other words..) But you get the point don't you? This is the most unsummer-summer of my entire life. If that made sense.

For those among you who actually reads this stuff and probably find it nonsensical, let me lay it down for you one by one.This is among those rare times where I get to go home an hour early. MAKATI is far away from home. BUt why don't we start from GENDRUGCHEM&CO.

I wanted to make a separate entry for my manufacturing internship. I actually had a title ready for it. Chronicles of a Twenty Day Internship. Obviously..I didn't manage to find the time to do it. Well, it didn't matter much since the manufacturing process itself wasn't at all interesting. We only experienced the latter part of that process. PACKAGING Behybi!YEah! Say that with me..BEYBI! Anyway, a lot of tiny tablets, capsules had to be counted and bottled, and then these bottles had to be labeled and these labeled bottles have to be boxed and these boxed labeled bottles had to be placed in even bigger boxes and then finally shipped into stores after undergoing several tests. Believe me, the work force behind every single Biogesic you take in is unbelievably huge. And take note that you buy that for a marked retail price of about three pesos. Not to mention the station preferences of the Kuya's and Ate's there. "Kausapin mo ang ingrown mo.." I almost believed an ingrown was capable of opinions or witty conversations. Yeng Constantino was also forever bawling in the background with her I-have-to-admit powerful voice. It's just that her songs started sounding the same to me. There was also the quest to find who JR Siaboc really was. The Love Radio jingle that was unwelcome in my head but nevertheless stayed there for quite a while and was coming out of my mouth at random times without my knowing. Some memorable people, gossip, the celebrities in there, feeding time every two hours and of course my friends made it a little more bearable. Ayshet ang haba na..:)

Now training at Makati Medical Center immediately a day after GenDrug was more culture shock than total burnout. In there, there were no Kuya's or Ate's only Maa'm's and Sir's. The three meals a day we were used to having at GENDRUG decreased to one. From having zero expense a day, it shot up to 200 pesos a day. From squished butts to squished heels. The difference is overwhelming. The only thing probably exciting in going there everyday is the prospect of riding the elevator with Issey. Take note that it is because of Rhea's shriek of envy: Ang swerte mo NEng! and Judy's shriek of utter disbelief: Baket di ko nakita?. Post Script: Issey is oppa material.

My last concern is something that cannot be reiterated or elaborated enough. I would probably not stop blabbing if I start with this one but I have to just let this out. I MISS DONG BANG SHIN KI WITH ALL MY HEART, MIND AND SOUL. I SHALL MAKE A STATEMENT FULL OF BIAS. JAEJOONGAH! FIGHTING!

dammit.cheesiest blog entry ever.probably the longest one too.

On the brighter side..13 more days to go sa Makati Med! Plus Mother's Day was nicely spent.:)

I wonder how many characters this blog entry has...hmm..?

No comments: