Sunday, January 21, 2007

Family Bonding Experiment

Last Friday, my sister and I went home.
To Antipolo, that is.
We were supposed to get our pictures taken for the renewal of our passports.
I brought my Pharmacognosy reviewers since Monday meant two exams that I really have to pass.
But what happened was, I didn't even get to touch those reviewers.
I wasn't able to study at all.
I actually should be reviewing right now but I really want to make this post.

JANUARY 19, 2006
My sister and I were riding a Cubao-Cogeo Fx when I felt my cellphone vibrate.
My mother was calling to ask where we were.
I told her we would be home in another fifteen minutes and I told her that maybe we should just meet in Robinson's Place because she wanted for us to eat outside.
Then she told me that we would be eating in a place called Tamamang's.Yes with the apostrophe S.
WHAT A FUGLY NAME.
The first thought that came to mind.
When I learned that it was the place my father and his buds usually frequent, my fears were confirmed.
IT WAS A FREAKIN' BEERHOUSE.
When we got there, the place stank of cigarette smoke. Some singer was on stage and scarcely clothed.HAHA!
I wasn't very happy with the place.
My brother and sister seemed to share my sentiments because their faces were both etched with displeasure.
So my Mom rented the air-conditioned room where we can sing for only 1000 pesos.consumable.
It was much more comfortable in there and we were the only people.
My mom took hold of the mike and my brother and sister just listened to my mother sing.HAHAHA!
THEN CAME THE FOOD!
I SHALL NEVER CRITICIZE TAMAMANG'S AGAIN.
THE FOOD WAS AWESOME.
THE THREE OF US COULDN'T STOP EATING.
GAH!
JUST THINKING ABOUT IT MAKES MY MOUTH WATER.
I WANT TO EAT THERE EVERYDAY!
EVEN IF IT MEANT HEARING MY MOTHER SINGING NARDA IN THE BACKGROUND.
I now knew the reason why my father brought us there.
HAHAHA!
It wasn't really a family-oriented place.
Mostly men populated the area but shet!The food.THE FOOD.GAH!
HAHA!
We even ordered cocktails.
My sister and I ordered vodka tonic just for the heck of it.
She didn't like the taste so I ended up drinking both.
My brother ordered tequila.
It smelled chocolatey but we couldn't take the taste so we just left it alone.
We eventually enjoyed the rest of the evening.
Nkikanta ng kaunti.at kumaeng muli.
HAHA!
Ansaya tlga.:)
PAGKAEN!!WOOT!
THANKS PAPA! SA PAGDALA MO SAMEN SA TAMAMANG's!
This is one of the rare times I get to be with my family.
Ansaya.:)

HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT:
PAPA: Paolo, halika dito.
(Motioning my 14-year old brother to go out of the room, which by the way has transparent walls)
(Paolo palabas na)
PAPA: Tingnan mo ung singer ang sexy oh!
PAOLO: PAPA nmn eh!!
(Then gets this priceless look on his face while ruffling his hair.)
BWAHAHAHA!
D nagustuhan ng Paolo ung singer.hehe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ang saya naman! tamamang's??? tga antipolo ka pala?

Xtine said...

yup.medyo..lower part ng antipolo.:)

Anonymous said...

WHAHAHA. natawa naman ako sa entry mo... iniimagine ko nanay mong kumakanta ng Narda... natatawa na ko! hahaha! Ipakain mo nga kami siyan Tin sa TAMAMANG's! dali! para kuamin din si Rhea! (haha. labo)