Wednesday, February 07, 2007

W-H-Y?

*SIGH*
I have a lot of things to blog about.
Gah!A lot of people I "technically" know are dying.
One committed suicide.
One got into an accident.
And the other one committed suicide again.
Does the 2:1 ratio imply that more and more people want to just die and leave the miserable world behind?the desperation?

I heard the news that she died today.
She drank some sort of silver cleaner.
Who?A classmate from way, way back. A neighbor.
Someone who is almost in our doorstep every single day saying, "Kuya, Paload."
We weren't close, but I think I remember a time when we played together under a pile of newspapers we made out to be our "Bahay-bahayan".

The place I grew up in is harsh.BATANG TONDO AKO.
It may look ordinary one morning, but the next morning, my uncles would just receive horrible news that someone got stabbed, someone got held up or someone got arrested due to some other hideous crime.
I can count the number of young girls here who aren't mothers yet.
Like all the others, she got pregnant early. Outside the bounds of marriage.
And why she killed herself?
She found out her "husband" was cheating.


She may have looked at that bottle and thought one drink would end it all.
I pity her.
I pity the child she left behind more.

And here I am worrying over the fact that I failed my Pharmacognosy Exam.
Here I am worrying over the fact that I'd be out of school, working and supporting my family by next year.
When others don't even have the chance to see tomorrow anymore.

One thing I do pray is that wherever she may be, I hope she found more in life than pain and loneliness.

Gawd.I'm getting tired of typing this.
Once was more than enough, but I do hope she rests in peace.

No comments: